Role Summary: As part of the GE India Multi-modal Loco team, the Jr. Engineer (Testing), is responsible for Testing of Cabinet Mai cab and Aux cab, installation of electrical equipment. Shall also be responsible for Safety, process layouts and developments, continual improvement projects, Kaizen, 5S, LEAN principles. Shall be responsible to perform the job per set standards and procedures and to implement the QMS procedures, policies. Essential Responsibilities: Essential Responsibilities
• Knowledge of electrical & electronic components.
• Having knowledge of electrical circuit, SLD, Component identification in drawing.
• Cable routing harness identification, laying as per requirement. • Rotating machinery knowledge will be added advantage.
• Knowledge of basic electrical concepts. • Troubleshooting for the component failure or wrong labeling/cable routing. • Knowledge of industry safety practices
• Ability to read blueprints and recognize drawing and specifications • Ability to use variety of tools and equipment
• Responsible for Self-inspection as per the drawing/standard requirements • Responsible for production as per production plan.
• Ability to use heavy machinery, such as Maini, cranes etc., • Must comply to all EHS requirements & actively support EHS programs in the plant. • Maintain consumable record and keep the stock of minimum requirement. Qualifications/Requirements:
1. Highest Levels of Personal Integrity and Safety Mindset. 2. First Class Diploma in Electrical engineering 3. 2 to 3 Years of Experience in Engineering industry – with firsthand experience of Electrical Testing Desired Characteristics:
1. Ability to analyze problems, identify root causes and provide efficient solutions.
2. Strong organizational skills, MS office skills. 3. Ability to handle diverse activities simultaneously.
4. Strong interpersonal and leadership skills with good oral and written communication skills (English, Marathi).
5. Knowledge of 5S, Lean and Six Sigma Methodology. About Us: GE (NYSE:GE) drives the world forward by tackling its biggest challenges. By combining world-class engineering with software and analytics, GE helps the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE people are global, diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest integrity and passion to fulfill GE’s mission and deliver for our customers. www.ge.comAdditional Locations: India;Pune
To apply for this job please visit jobs.gecareers.com.