- Automation Tester’s core responsibility is to:
- Familiarise with KYC and Onboarding application stack and what’s been achieved in automation so far, identify gaps and implement post proposing a remediation plan.
- Contribute in Sprint and E2E testing cycles with ‘Automation First’ approach/mind-set.
- Define and build robust, modular and reusable Automation frameworks and retain accountability for ensuring all Test Automation Analysts understand and adhere to the framework.
- Drive automation in a pro-active mode than reactive. This means the Automation Analyst needs to ensure that automation pack is updated in parallel to the development lifecycle so that the same can be executed at the time of the release made available on test env for test execution.
- Actively contribute in DevOps agenda forward from automation point.
- Help mature the current automation capability by ensuring proper documentation of frameworks, utilities and tools in the teams’ central knowledge base.
- Good working experience of API based automation for a quick turnaround time.
- Be accountable for the appropriate use and effective management of SI partners in the implementation and ongoing delivery of the test automation function.
What will you be doing?
- Accountable for the delivery of a fully automated suite for the active release(s).
- Ensure Automation Testers are progressively automating user stories as per release / sprint plans.
- Automate using agreed / standard automation framework (Java/Selenium/Cucumber/BDD/Python/RDBMS).
- Take complete ownership of assigned user stories i.e. understanding, collaborating with Bas / POs / Architects, scripting and executing within the sprint cycle.
- Ensure the documents like test cases, auto scripts, detailed status reports, test completion reports are prepared by the team and necessary sign-offs have been obtained.
- Ensure active participation in daily scrum calls, provide updates and raise impediments timely.
What we’re looking for:
- Good working expérience in Java, Selenium / Cucumber, BDD/Gherkin and Python
- Excellent SQL / Unix / Linux skills
- Excellent in RestFul/Json/xml Protocol
Skills that will help you in the role:
- R Programming
- Machine Learning
Where will you be working?
*Barclays recently announced the creation of a new world-class campus at Gera Commerzone located in Kharadi. All Pune based roles will eventually start to move to this new campus starting September 2019. In the run up to that, during the course of 2018, there may be transitory movements of some roles to other temporary sites. Please speak with your recruiter about the specific location plans for your role.
Be More at Barclays
At Barclays, each day is about being more – as a professional, and as a person. ‘Be More @ Barclays’ represents our core promise to all current and future employees. It’s the characteristic that we want to be associated with as an employer, and at the heart of every employee experience. We empower our colleagues to Be More Globally Connected, working on international projects that improve the way millions of customers handle their finances. Be More Inspired by working alongside the most talented people in the industry, and delivering imaginative new solutions that are redefining the future of finance. Be More Impactful by having the opportunity to work on cutting-edge projects, and Be More Valued for who you are.
Interested and want to know more about Barclays? Visit home.barclays/who-we-are/ for more details.
Everything we do is shaped by the five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. Our values inform the foundations of our relationships with customers and clients, but they also shape how we measure and reward the performance of our colleagues. Simply put, success is not just about what you achieve, but about how you achieve it.
We aim to foster a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel confident in bringing their whole selves to work, feel included and their talents are nurtured, empowering them to contribute fully to our vision and goals.
Our customers are unique. The same goes for our colleagues. That’s why at Barclays we offer a range of benefits, allowing every colleague to choose the best options for their personal circumstances. These include a competitive salary and pension, health care and all the tools, technology and support to help you become the very best you can be. We are proud of our dynamic working options for colleagues. If you have a need for flexibility, then please discuss this with us.
To apply for this job please visit search.jobs.barclays.